If you’re one of those woman who’s struggled with your weight it’s likely that food has all kinds of emotional meanings for you that probably started at an early age…….
- Were you rewarded for good behaviour with sweets, crisps or chocolate?
- Were you told you could only have dessert when you’d cleared your main meal plate?
- Were you expected to clear your plate even when the portions were large and you were stuffed to bursting half way through?
- When you felt sad or bad did someone offer you something to eat to help you feel better?
- When you achieved something important and felt really happy, did you celebrate with cake and chocolate?
- When you fell over and skinned your knees, were you given a lollipop or sweets to help you get better?
- Were family meals difficult for you, where family dynamics caused you stress and anxiety?
You’re not alone, I think most families can tell these types of stories, as we’re conditioned to show people we love them through feeding them; my family’s no different! It’s these types of scenarios that can lead us to having really mixed emotions around eating certain foods that bring about weight gain and stubbornly gets in the way of achieving and maintaining your healthy body weight.
EFT has been shown to beautifully and easily remove these types of emotional triggers laid down in such early life events. By gently clearing away these types of events you clear the way to set yourself free to see food as just food. Food will no longer have a big emotional charge attached to it, so lack of willpower will no longer be the obstacle getting in the way of you achieving your healthy body and weight.